Current Career Opportunities
Posted: November 3, 2017
Cancer Program Assistant Clinical Support
Bristol, CT, United States
Codes and abstracts a wide variety of information relating to admission, diagnosis, surgical procedures and other diagnostic and treatment services rendered, length of stay, etc. Performs other related clerical tasks to assist in expediting departmental work activities.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Performs lifetime follow-up on identified cancer patients.
• Ensures that status treatment changes, date of last contact, and death are recorded and reported to Connecticut State Tumor Registry.
• Accurately enters follow-up data into registry database.
• Mails follow-up letters and abstracts to the State on a timely basis.
• Completes State follow-up monthly forms.
• Requests and/or pulls charts based on case finding.
• Processes newspaper obituaries and death notices from the State.
Provides support to the Cancer Coordinator.
• Abstracts and enters the demographic data for identified cancer cases as requested.
• Communicates effectively with the cancer coordinator regarding issues and questions.
• Demonstrates efficient use of the computer and maintains an overall knowledge of its capabilities.
• Performs other duties and projects for the registry as assigned.
Medical Secretary or related Associate’s Degree of Certificate preferred. Previous computer data entry experience and medical office experience.
State/Federal Mandated Licensure or Certification Requirements:
CTR or eligible
Bristol Hospital Mandated Educational Requirements:
General orientation at time of hire. Fire/Safety/Infection Control annually. Other programs as mandated by Hospital.
Excellent organizational and communicative skills. Ability to work independently without direct supervision. Knowledge and experience with windows applications.
Bending, standing, walking, extended sitting.
Normal office conditions with minimal interruptions.
Excellent oral communication skills. Detail oriented with ability to decipher handwriting in medical records and interpret test results.
Conditions of Employment
• In adherence with our safety and compliance regulations, upon hire you are subject to a criminal background check and health clearance (including drug testing) through Occupational Health.
• The health and safety of our patients and employees is a top priority which is why we have mandatory flu shots. Exceptions for medical and religious reasons will be evaluated on an individual basis.
• Please be aware all Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group facilities are smoke and tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
• In keeping with our goals of individual recognition and treatment characterized by dignity and respect, we extend hiring and promotional opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of race, color, religious creed, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
• Our policy is to make reasonable accommodation to the limitations of qualified disabled individuals and to provide them with employment opportunities to the extent practical without incurring undue hardship.
- To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com